There is now a new version of my Masked Input Plugin for jQuery. This is primarily a bugfix release. The biggest deal for me with this release has been the addition of a test suite. In order to do so, I ended up writing a keystroke simulator which I call keymasher. It's not a perfect way to test, but it's better than nothing.
As a product of adding the tests, I found a few inconsistent issues with the delete and backspace handling which are now resolved. I was also able to take advantage of some event normalization that jQuery provides which didn't exist when I first wrote this plugin. That plus a switch to UglifyJS has resulted in a smaller compressed file size (3.26KB for v1.3 vs 3.46KB for v1.2.2).
- Fixed completed callback bug.
- Fixed IE bug requiring charAt() instead of array notation to access char within string.
- Fixed delete key handling with cursor at literal character.
- Fixed infinite focus loop bug with multiple masked inputs on a page.
- Fixed raw value returning mask placeholders when input empty.
- Now gracefully handle it when mask() gets called multiple times by calling unmask() on behalf of the user.
As always, if you have encounter any issues, please feel free to report them over on my github project. I'll do my best to fix them in a timely manner. Also, if this plugin has helped you out, feel free to throw a few bucks my way by clicking the donate button at the top of the page.