There is now a new version of my Masked Input Plugin for jQuery. This is primarily a bugfix release which addresses some edge cases. Additionaly, I made a few changes that I feel make the plugin behave more natural so that the user experience isn't affected too much by using the plugin.
This release has been tested with jQuery 1.3.2 and 1.2.6.
- Fixed bug which blocked apple meta key. This was keeping copy and paste via keyboard shortcut from working on Mac.
- Fixed bug that caused mask literals to be pushed into the mask placeholder positions when verifying the data.
- Fixed bug that prevented user input from completing when mask ended in mask literal.
- Changed behavior on focus to select all text if focusing on a completed mask.
- No more masking on readonly inputs.
- Changed escape behavior to put the input back to the original value instead of just blanking the text.
- Increased range of accepted characters for input.