Health and Fitness
- Finish up my damn resolution from 2007 to get down to 250 pounds. I tried really hard last year, but fell off for the last quarter of the year. I’m at 275 lbs right now, so I just need to lose 25 more pounds.
- Run a 10K. Last year I did a 5K and it really helped push my weight goals along. Running a 10K has to work twice as well since it’s twice the distance, right? 😉
- Grow this blog more. I really intend on blogging more this year. I want this blog to not be so much about my weight loss journey. Simple enough, I’ll just post more about software development. My goals are to have 250+ subscribers and 200,000 visits by the end of the year.
- Make geekintoshape.com into something. Last year George and I started a weight loss blog, geek into shape. My intention was and still is to use that as an outlet for telling the world about my struggles, failures, and successes at losing weight and keeping it off. I’d like to have 100+ subscribers and 100,000 visits by the end of the year.
- Live simple. I have a lot of junk and clutter that needs to go away.
- Get rid of unnecessary obligations. There are a lot of things that compete for my attention both in my personal life and in my career. My goals this year are to focus my efforts to those things which make me happy and to those things which I’m good at. Anything else needs to be removed, transferred, or outsourced.
- Make better use of my idle time. At the end of the day, I often find myself wondering where the day went. I know that I can use my time better and get more things done.
Well, there’s the list. The lifestyle changes aren’t exactly measurable, but they will be here to serve as a reminder. Here’s to a positive 2009!