I thought now would be a good time to sit down and see what I managed to accomplish from my 2008 resolutions. I think it's important to write down your goals, reference them throughout the year, and ultimately answer to them. Here we go.
- Finish up my 2007 Resolution of losing 50 pounds. - FAIL! This was more successful than any other time I've made this resolution, but I fell far short of my goal of 50 pounds. It's going to be more like 20 pounds that I lost by the time it's all said and done. The first 9 months I stayed with this goal very well, but after my summer vacation I never got back on it completely. It looks like this one will make it on the list again this year.
- Read more. - SUCCESS! My goal was to read 4 books this year and I did that plus some.
- Create another open source project. - FAIL! I Never got the time to get any of my ideas down into a something suitable for public consumption. I'm okay that I didn't meet this goal. I just had other things to do.
- Get my existing jQuery plugins into better shape. - SUCCESS! All of these are now in source control and I've made updates to the Masked Input plugin that I feel are positive. I didn't get all of the plugins where I want them, but I definately moved things forward like I had hoped.
- Grow this blog more. - SUCCESS! I didn't post as much as I would have liked, but I still managed to get this thing moving forward. I've posted 75 times so far in 2008 and now have 120 subscribers and 127,000 visits.
It looks like I met 3 out of 5 of my goals. #1 is the biggie for me, and that's the one that's most disappointing to have not met. I absolutely have to get my weight under control, so this is going to be my main focus for this next year. It wasn't a total disaster since I did end up losing weight at the end of it all.
Please take the time to reflect back on what you set out to do for 2008. Did you do everything that you wanted? Please comment and let me know how your year turned out.