There is now a new version of my Masked Input Plugin for jQuery. After a long absence with this project, I finally decided to tackle some of the more requested features that have been sent to me. I also did some big reorganization to make room for some future enhancements. With all the changes, it seemed appropriate to bump this version from the 1.1 series.
- Paste support for more browsers. It should now work in IE7, Firefox 3, Safari, Chrome, and Opera.
- Fixed backspace bug in Opera. I had originally put in special handling for Opera to get past a bug that appears to be fixed in current releases. This code is now removed.
- Calling .mask() with no arguments will now return the value of the input without the literals.
- Added option "allowPartial" that will allow partial input to remain when focus is lost.
- Exposed the hash table of the mask definitions directly to replace the $.mask.addPlaceholder() method. The old method remains for now, but will be removed in a future relase. You should now add custom mask definitions by "$.mask.definitions[char]=regex;"
- Code refactoring and house cleaning. I made things more jQuery like and removed some crufty code in the process. The end result is better organization to build on for future enhancements.