January has come and gone, so it's time to update the world on the status of my weight loss. If you'll recall, my main 2008 resolution is to finish off the weight loss resolution of 2007. Up to this point, I've never posted weights, just the weight loss. Somehow, that feels like I'm not holding myself accountable, so here are the stats:
- Beginning of 2007: 306 lbs
- Beginning of 2008: 296 lbs
- February 1, 2008: 290 lbs
I've managed to shed 6 pounds this month which is slow enough that I feel like I'm doing this in a healthy manner. I know that the rate of weight loss is going to go down as I get into this. So far, my lifestyle changes have minimal to achieve this.
- I'm eating smaller portions of the same stuff I ate before. I never really ate bad foods, I just ate way too much of it.
- I'm jumping rope(120-160 revs/min) for exercise while it's cold. I've been doing 10 minutes 3 nights a week. I'd like to be able to do the 10 minutes straight, but man does it burn. I end up having to do it in 1-2 minute intervals, but anything is better than nothing. I just couldn't commit to the high cost of a treadmill just for cold weather.
- I've managed to cut out all carbonated beverages. I've been drinking a ton of water. I've had a cup of juice, but everything else has been water.
So, that January in a nutshell. I'm shooting to lose 5 pounds in February. I'll post my results in a month.